• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: A view of Tower Bridge...

Paul Abbott

towerbridge1of1600.jpg

Tower Bridge & Gardens, London '12 - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

towerbridge1of1600.jpg

Tower Bridge & Gardens, London '12 - Paul Abbott

Paul,

What a personal and intimate view! Those long broad-leaved giant grass like plants are what I chose for my back garden. They do well, like this when there's enough room for them to grow super large and for the leaves to curve over. This gives a green fountain of movement and color. Those trees twisting make an entirely different movement and it all works splendidly together.

The bridge says England and that's like a seal from the mayor of London that the picture is authentic!

Fabulous and carefully designed shot.

Asher

Any chance you know what kind of tree that is?

Paul Abbott

Hey Asher, thanks for that, i'm happy you appreciate it.

I used to travel around the home counties just outside London photographing stately homes and gardens and I was always attracted by the contrasts between stone structures and plants in a public garden. For this reason I love to include foliage, plants and trees in my shots if I can.
I couldn't tell you what that tree is though...I wish I could. :)

Sam Hames

I've had this open in my browser for the last day or two - I can't help but look at it every time I walk past.

There's something extremely engaging about it - there's a lot going on but it doesn't shout and draws you in - the landmark is almost a surprise.

Really enjoying this one!
Sam

Paul Abbott

I like to do things a little differently with a lot of my shots and so it's good to hear your unadulterated enjoyment for this, many thanks for expressing it, Sam. :)