• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portugal, Mafra

Antonio Correia

102422340-M.jpg
103010410-M.jpg
102950574-M.jpg
102950805-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Antonio,

Again kudos to you.

This is like a photographic essay.

If you had shown the 2cd image first, the interest would have been much less. When a picture makes the viewer ask hin/herdelf a question, that awakened interest is a great activation for our brains to care about the following pictures. Had you shown the second picture first, that interest would have been cut 90% in my opinion. The very first impression in images is so important, and this ordering of images is an excellent example.

The placement of images in relationship to one another is part of curating and exhibition.

Here, Antonio has done it so right.

His very fist picture has an extrordinary clean compelling composition and then once ones attention is grabbed the detail is fascinating and the interst pays off immediately.

However, we realize we don't know the large context, we WANT the rest of the building.

The next picture gives it: bam!

We're entirely satisfied but now a new question is propelled to our minds. What's inside.

Voila!

The last images show in wonderful color the interior detail.

This logical, ordered and fascinating presentation is, IMHO, exemplary and should be bookmarked under, "Curating & Presnetation". I'll try to point out more such worthy posts.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher,
The most interesting thing about this is that I placed the photos just like that, I mean looking at them and placing them an this order.
But I have to confess that you are absolutelly right about what you said.

Thank you for the comment.

Take care.
103017369-M.jpg
103014258-M.jpg