• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Progression

StuartRae

Inspired by Jarmo's post in the Landscape forum, I challenge you to post a series of images which document the passing of time.

To start things off, I point you to my post which records the development of a horse chestnut bud in the Spring of 2010.

I'm not bumping, so no comments please - it's just an idea of what I'm asking for.

Regards,

Stuart

Inspired by Jarmo's post in the Landscape forum, I challenge you to post a series of images which document the passing of time.

To start things off, I point you to my post which records the development of a horse chestnut bud in the Spring of 2010.

I'm not bumping, so no comments please - it's just an idea of what I'm asking for.

Regards,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I'd like to know if it has to be natural, or could it be a set-up. I have one that I did 2 years ago, but not sure if it would be within the intended rules.
Maggie

Thanks Stuart and very cool idea for a theme! :)

Just a fun little collage of 3 images I put together of a console table that that was my mom's and I wanted to depict its passage through time, from when she was a little girl, to when I was growing up to the present day where it leans against a wall in my house. I put this together in the same afternoon. It's not anything amazing, but it does fit the theme of passage through time, although faked and I hope you'll find it fun, and would love to see images by others.

omastable.jpg
]/center]
Oma's Table - © Maggie Terlecki

StuartRae

Thanks Maggie, that's wonderful. I particularly like the transition from sewing basket to games console.

Regards,

Stuart

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you Stuart for this challenge, very interesting! I liked your chestnut series, documenting growth is always fascinating, be it kids or plants.

Maggie, a great collage. Very well thought of. I really enjoyed your delicate way of telling the story.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Stuart and very cool idea for a theme! :)

Just a fun little collage of 3 images I put together of a console table that that was my mom's and I wanted to depict its passage through time, from when she was a little girl, to when I was growing up to the present day where it leans against a wall in my house. I put this together in the same afternoon. It's not anything amazing, but it does fit the theme of passage through time, although faked and I hope you'll find it fun, and would love to see images by others.

omastable.jpg
]/center]
Oma's Table - © Maggie Terlecki

Maggie,

Adding an item, in each case actively signaling "the present time", is interesting: the cup, the colored markers and then that solitary apple. A fresh bite would be an option! Would it be excessive?

Asher​

No, I don't think it would be excessive, and a great idea to really push through the today shot, but I doubt I 'll redo this shoot. This was done for a 30 day challenge with some of my photography friends and we each chose a theme and had to do a shoot a day for the entire month. My theme was diptychs, triptychs and more. I also did an alternate collage every day. At the end of the month, I had 60 photo shoots done. It was both exhausting yet amazingly fun and some days you just wonder where you will get your next idea but somehow you come up with an idea and do it. It was in January, so most shots are done indoor and set-up.