• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Homage: Our Own Pictures Inspired by a Work of Art old school

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

this summer we visited the Cathedral of Metz in France with its treasury chambre.
There I got the glimpse of the young woman sitting at her desk and had initially the vision of paintings by Rembrandt or Vermeer.
I tried to reenvoke that ...

p1271342478-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

this summer we visited the Cathedral of Metz in France with its treasury chambre.
There I got the glimpse of the young woman sitting at her desk and had initially the vision of paintings by Rembrandt or Vermeer.
I tried to reenvoke that ...

p1271342478-5.jpg

Yes, Wolfgang,

This does send our minds to rewind a lot of visual movies to find other images with the varnished wood, the darkened corners out of which people appear. But there's also the sense of not knowing and that's what has transfixed me and stopped me commenting a number of times until now. So maybe this is about glimpses and not knowing and having to just pass by, acknowledging silently that there's a living human being, a person with their own private world in behind that dark suit maybe with a hidden white blouse above her dark skirt; someone we'll never know!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

... So maybe this is about glimpses and not knowing and having to just pass by, acknowledging silently that there's a living human being, a person with their own private world in behind that dark suit maybe with a hidden white blouse above her dark skirt; someone we'll never know!

yeah, and she was very charming as she had to prevent making photos in the treasury chamber.
The click of the old 5D making this shot first made her a little angry but showing her the reason she was pleased again

fahim mohammed

Wolfgang, a very good concept and well presented. What effect would a bit of softening and diffusion have on the image?

Thanks for sharing.