• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Brasov

Valentin Arfire

hello friends

I have found on a hard disk some pictures I have taken in the summer of 2009 in Brasov and here's the resulting 360 degree image

http://www.360cities.net/image/brasov-streetview-near-biserica-neagra#281.80,0.60,35.0

Canon 5D+10-17 tokina - 360Precision/manfrotto
DPP, SNS HDR lite, PTLens, PTGUI. Pano2vr, Magic (a simple graphic editor)

I have tried and used tufuse pro and I think the images are better - sns just oversharpes but the old newspaper air it provides is sometimes pretty. The dynamic of film would do more justice to the wide dynamic need
Any ideas?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
hello friends

I have found on a hard disk some pictures I have taken in the summer of 2009 in Brasov and here's the resulting 360 degree image

http://www.360cities.net/image/brasov-streetview-near-biserica-neagra#281.80,0.60,35.0

Canon 5D+10-17 tokina - 360Precision/manfrotto
DPP, SNS HDR lite, PTLens, PTGUI. Pano2vr, Magic (a simple graphic editor)

I have tried and used tufuse pro and I think the images are better - sns just oversharpes but the old newspaper air it provides is sometimes pretty. The dynamic of film would do more justice to the wide dynamic need
Any ideas?

This question is one for Bart!

I'm more interested in you workflow, since you use so many software programs! what's a topics set of steps for you?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Valentin,

I am amazed at the breadth of your subject matter. I'd never have imagined a 360 degree pano of the inside of a mouth at a dentist. But this comes from a link to a tour in Barcelona!!!!

However, there's no given reason for tyne link and no title for the new piece. What am I missing?

Anyway, for those who are intrigued here's the link!

As always, my applauds for your work!

Asher

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I know now is probably the wrong time to suggest it but SNS-Lite and the Pro version of SNS are like a kids bike compared to an F-16 fighter jet. The pro version does give an incredible amount of control.

Valentin Arfire

Dear Asher

A brief history on the software.

There are gifted and illustrious photographers that use fewer programs, and as expected the results are great.

I had with me a light 1.6 m light monopod of 300 grams that is way better than carrying the 1.2 kg panohead and 2.4 kilos manfrotto.

I had 9 shots around plus one down for nadir and one up for the clouds

Digital Photo Professional from Cannon is nice, updated and I have it as any Canon camera user. I don't have for the moment my Tokina profile for the latest update but I do my best and correct the CA with PTLens

In order to squeeze more details, I fuse an underexposed with a normal one using Tufuse Pro (or this pano I started with the jpegs already fused with SNS HDR Lite).

I do the stitching in PTGUI. With the lattest version I feel more lucky with handheld panos, so in Brasov I traveled "light".

I used pano2vr to extract the cubefaces

I have a small personal aversion towards Photoshop, the personnel and its price so I haven't included it among the software I use. Your favorite graphic editor can do the correction of the nadir/zenit.

Ideally there shouldn't be any need to post-process the image like sharpening.

Thanks Asher

Thanks Ben

Do you know how SNS PRO behaves in comparison to Tufuse Pro?

Hi Valentin,

In one word; Superior!

I already liked Tufuse Pro, but SNS-HDR is like Tufuse Pro on steroids ...;) It offers so much more control over tonemapping with its various image parameters, it's a delight to work on an image (screen updates are virtually real-time). And once you've settled for a given set of parameters, it's easy to make a preset and apply that to all image sets in a batch process.

SNS-HDR can handle the challenging light situations of panorama's, such as backlight with direct image of the lightsource better than most applications. The upcoming new version (free update ) will also allow manual control of ghosting, which is already pretty good in the current automatic mode.

Cheers,
Bart