• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Larger SD cards?

Just out of curiousity, Did Canon ever come out with that promised firmwear upgrade to allow the use of SDHC enabled SD cards for the 1DsMkII. I think it was Mar, April, or maybe May when it was promised for 'probably' a couple of months later. It having been 6 months since May I figure it should have been out by now.

If they haven't I would really like for them to provide that update before they announce the new cameras and replace the easy links on the Canon USA web site to firmwear downloads.

If they have where is it hiding?

Just curious (that or my memory is failing)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was hoping for this too. The other thing i'd like would be a tracking function to find the things when they fall in the grass!

This is question for Chuck. Hope he sees it!

Asher

Nill Toulme

There's been no further sign or mention of the firmware updates. Are there actually SDHC cards in the wild now?

In the meantime, I continue happily to use 4GB SD cards (along with 8GB CF's) in both of my 1D Mark II's. Friday I shot four straight basketball games in RAW, 2500 frames, and didn't have to open the cameras.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

For various reasons, it has taken more time than we originally expected, but the SDHC firmware updates for Mark II EOS digital SLRs are on track to be posted by the end of December. Watch our web site for further announcements:

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/BeBit-e.html

Best Regards,

Chuck Westfall
Director/Media & Customer Relationship
Camera Marketing Group/Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Nill Toulme

Chuck, I fear this is a stupid question, but — they'll be backwards compatible, won't they? I.e., with the new firmware installed, we'll still be able to use regular SD cards?

Sheesh, that really is a stupid question. Never mind.

On another note, I think this might be the first time in history that Canon has added a feature to a discontinued model via a firmware update. I don't suppose that means we can hope for more of that sort of thing, e.g., adding little features like CR2 to one card, jpg to the other to the Mark II?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Jack Joseph Jr

OK, let's take this thread on a different course. . .

Canon, don't forget about adding the 30D three-choice option of image rotation for 1D Mark II N and 5D in the next firmware update. That change would be greatly appreciated since some of my jobs require shooting hundreds of vertical shots with in-camera editing whenever possible.

Please?