• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Two People: Friends, Family or Couples! Mine from a walk in a park!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Couples are fascinating. Somehow they manage their contrasts, complementary behaviors and characters, but they do seem to "go together".

This French couple I met passing through crispy cold Central Park, New york.

_MG_9775.jpg

Asher Kelman: Parisians in Central Park #1

New York January 2013

_MG_9778.jpg

Asher Kelman: Parisians in Central Park #2

New York January 2013

_MG_9781.jpg

Asher Kelman: Parisians in Central Park #3

New York January 2013

I watched them go off enjoying the trees, snow and tranquility.

Asher

As with all my other 2013 NY winter pictures, they're from the 5DII 24-105 f 4.0 IS L, processing the jpg in iPhoto to get this online.

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

In Nicaragua, Anne and I have to put "saldo" (balance) on our Claro phone - every 10 days days. There are lots of places to do it, including people's homes as you walk along the streets.

We have settled on this one stand by the Claro building, where a man and woman have serviced us well. Not long ago I asked if I could take a photo of them at their stand - and then moved in for a closeup to return to them as a print.

Actually I returned to where they work with 2 prints, because I wasn't sure that they were a couple. So after getting my usual chuckles from receiving the "regalo" (gift) prints - - - I asked if they were husband and wife. They nodded yes and told me their names - Anna and Mauricio.

20121218-145951.jpg

20121218-150026.jpg

Robert Watcher

20110224-20110224-E3245033.jpg

20110224-20110224-E3245057.jpg

------------------
----------------------

20130119-142942.jpg

20130119-142836.jpg

You can see the closeness that was felt by this family. Thelma gave me the tightest, longest hug and a big kiss when I arrived and when I left. Anne and her became quite close being that she came once a week to clean our house and do laundry - despite the language barrier of having no idea what each other were saying for the full 2 months we lived there. Anne helped her on the internet at times when she had difficulty making contact with people in the USA who periodically sent them essential money for support of the kids. This is right before we left as Thelma cuddled up to Anne for a photo of the two of them - with sadness in her eyes.

20130119-142956.jpg

Robert Watcher

Robert,

These a great symmetry in this picture taking! Did he give you the jpg? I enjoyed very much the stories and all the images.

Asher

No - Juan took the photo of Anne and I, with my camera and then I made up prints to give him for his photo book. They have no money for daily needs let alone cameras. I first had to educate him on how to use my camera. Just like any of us, he was fascinated with the camera (not that he hasn't seen or used one before of course). I am aware of how Anne and I needed to stand for a pleasing composition of ourselves - and so all he had to do was point and shoot (and then I cropped for a tighter framing)

----