• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

One Picture/One Paragraph

George Holroyd

Lately, I've been contacting photography blogs in an attempt to gain more exposure for my work. In December, I contacted Mark Alice Durant in the US with some images and he responded asking me to choose a single photo and write a paragraph about it for the "One Picture/One Paragraph" section of his Saint Lucy blog. I tend not to title my photos so, I was challenged by the opportunity. In the end, I chose to write about why I took the below picture and I'm pretty happy with the result.

tumblr_mguhtkpmVx1rxciibo1_1280.jpg

She could tell that I was upset. Disappointed, more like. We were sitting in the bistro on the corner of our street, sharing a bottle of wine and discussing our plans for the new year. It wasn’t a good tremor day and I was unable to refill her glass.

My series, And I has recently been featured in the aCurator blog, Aint-Bad Magazine, One Giant Arm, and Flak Photo. All of which, are dedicated to fine art photography and feature regular interviews and opportunities for exposure.

Sam Hames

It works very well. Without the paragraph there's a lot of ambiguity - the facial expression could be read in many ways, but with your words it becomes more personal and poignant.

Glad to see your work around the place.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lately, I've been contacting photography blogs in an attempt to gain more exposure for my work. In December, I contacted Mark Alice Durant in the US with some images and he responded asking me to choose a single photo and write a paragraph about it for the "One Picture/One Paragraph" section of his Saint Lucy blog. I tend not to title my photos so, I was challenged by the opportunity. In the end, I chose to write about why I took the below picture and I'm pretty happy with the result.

tumblr_mguhtkpmVx1rxciibo1_1280.jpg

My series, And I has recently been featured in the aCurator blog, Aint-Bad Magazine, One Giant Arm, and Flak Photo. All of which, are dedicated to fine art photography and feature regular interviews and opportunities for exposure.

You've had a lot of good exposure here. Impressive. How does the feedback effect your new photography? Does that encourage you to do more like this or perhaps you are going to strike out and work on the tree/plant series you started, without flowers?

Kindest wishes,

Asher