• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Welcome to Burger King

Chris Calohan

I did this in two configurations: One as a Stand Alone and one as a Diptych. First, opinions as to which works best and second, what is there about the image you find either compelling to view or vs/vs not to give a second thought to?

8499631994_0a663c6f51_c.jpg

8500580685_8aa26c79e0_b.jpg

Terry Lee

Sweet!

I like the stand alone best. Very neat shot. Diptych for me is unbalanced....remind me I will dig out an old diptych from years past...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I did this in two configurations: One as a Stand Alone and one as a Diptych. First, opinions as to which works best and second, what is there about the image you find either compelling to view or vs/vs not to give a second thought to?

First some white space!

8499631994_0a663c6f51_c.jpg

Asher

Asher Kelman

Chris,

I may have ruined my perception with two glasses of red wine or not had enough! Either way, I'm not getting vibes from these pictures. I wonder whether you may still have in your memory what you saw and experienced and that's altering your perception of what you are sharing, because, at least for me, the scenes seem over-processed and flat.

If you have originals that are different then it would be interesting to look at them too. I'm sure the view was moving, but this rendering does not seem to translate.

Asher

Sam Hames

I don't know - the diptych doesn't really work for me. WIthout the diptych the unusual long vertical feels off to me - it goes against what we expect and I don't really understand why it is this way.

You put the brandname in the title, but it isn't recognisable in the shot so it's hard to tell what the intent is.

The colours, textures and lighting are very interesting but without understanding what you want it's hard to give any kind of critique. If it's just a study in light and form and texture then the title is misleading because you expect to see something more in the photo. I don't think it lives up to the name you've given it.

Sam

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Beautifully said, Sam and Asher. You could chop this one up any which way and it doesn't make it any clearer. Even centering it did't help, Asher. Have anothe glass of wine instead.

Chris Calohan

I always get a giggle when I read these comments...though, interestingly enough, I showed the image to the owner of the BK and he ordered a print...hey, sometimes it just takes one other oddball to make a duo. Doubtful anyone else would have forked over a nickel. It was just one of thos miserable days and nights when nothing want to cooperate...and so it goes.

Asher Kelman

I always get a giggle when I read these comments...though, interestingly enough, I showed the image to the owner of the BK and he ordered a print...hey, sometimes it just takes one other oddball to make a duo. Doubtful anyone else would have forked over a nickel. It was just one of thos miserable days and nights when nothing want to cooperate...and so it goes.

Chris,

You are commended for having waterproof teflon-coated and bullet resistant balls to show the actual Sovereign Prince of Burger King your picture. It's like the story of the Emperors New suit! People want to believe! I'm so impressed!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*

Where are your ethics, Chris? Surely you would refuse to take money from a stranger for a photo no-one else likes. After all, an artist must starve a little and be misunderstood by many to be of any worth. If you start driving around in an Audi with the hood down we will know you have lost all contact with the realities of the life of a struggling photographer.
How much did you get?

Chris Calohan

Enough to make standing in a cold rain worth it. Matted and framed at 13 x 19, $150. I do my own framing, matting and printing. Simple black wood frame, white mat, single pane non-glare glass cost me about $30.