• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Theater

Chris Calohan

8530972775_19786392dc_o.jpg

The Martin Theater: Chris Calohan​

Chris Calohan

I re-edited this shot using some new tricks combined with older ones and am curious if you think it has the same "artsy" effect or is it "artsy" but in a different way?

8535613440_ff381b5111_c.jpg

Robert Watcher

I re-edited this shot using some new tricks combined with older ones and am curious if you think it has the same "artsy" effect or is it "artsy" but in a different way?

My personal preference is the first one with all of its rippling and waviness - - - the "smoothing out" and "toning down" of your second attempt, doesn't work as well for me.

Sam Hames

I prefer this toned down version a lot more. I feels it stands up to a longer look better because it's more subtle - the other one is a bit brash and I don't really want to look at it after the initial impact wears off.

It's interesting though the impact the processing has on the focal point - the original more garish one makes you want to focus outside, with the window a frustrations. The second gives the window more prominence in my head. Or maybe in the first it's just more abstract and becomes one abstract while in the second there's enough spatial cues left that we can separate the two elements left?

Sam