• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: A Visual Arts Experience From the Visual Arts Center

Chris Calohan

8531455155_4eb56deec0_c.jpg

8532565634_c67192af7c_c.jpg

Chris

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

I like the play with patterns, be it through glass bricks like the ones you showed or by reflection or shadows.

Carry on, please.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael,

Thanks for these links to stimulating images. What a way to add to one's vision of things. for sure no one would accuse you of trying to show something factual when it's so distorted or disassembled.

Asher

Chris Calohan

Thanks, all. These were fun shots. I've passed by this window (a curved wall of glass block) for years and have always thoughtit would make a good shot. Today, while finalizing the details on a Salt workshop I will be doing soon at the facility which houses this wall of glass, I noted how nicely the partly cloudy skies accentuated the seams while articulating the buildings in the background. As always, I had my gear with me so set up the tripod and shot a series of images.

All of these have been done using a modified HDR in CS6. There is no tone mapping in any of the images and 75% of the image was processed using ACR only. I did do a couple of tweeks in CS6 as well as the merge to HDR Pro. Each image consists of 6, 2 stop exposures. So far, this has been a combination of a link I posted recently and some fiddly-diddling of my own design.

I like what HDR can do for an image but cannot stand the heavy tone-mapped, super gritty, over-saturated look so many people attribute to what an HDR should look like. What I am doing is to use the sttributes of the dynamic range without blistering every pixel. So far, I am pleased witht the result.

The last Three Fan Foyer shot was made using the same process described above.