• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Day Lily

Chris Calohan

We've had one of the wettest March's I can remember. When I finish posting this image, I'll get back to work on my Ark. shooting is out of the question so I've gone back into some older images and done some conversion work. After seeing Wolfgang's tulip, I wondered how that might look as a monochromatic image and liking the results, I played with one of my own images.

8586201834_3164a5c51c_c.jpg

Day Lily-Mellow Yellow: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love this! They have no shame,

8586201834_3164a5c51c_c.jpg

Day Lily-Mellow Yellow: Chris Calohan​

pushing up their private parts like madonna and Mick Jagger!

Asher

Chris, I love the slight toning of this image and the light is gorgeous. The only thing that I keep thinking when I look at it, is that the top of the flowers feel to me like the severe crop is not allowing them to breathe. They feel boxed in.

Here to show you what I mean. If you prefer I delete this image, let me know and I will.

ccflowers1.jpg

© Chris Calohan

Robert Watcher

This is a beautiful image - - - the black and white treatment is stunning. I do agree wholeheartedly with Maggie about space being needed around the edges. However I do not particularly like the way that she has added so much black on the top and has not changed the sides. I think that if you just created a larger black canvas with the same proportions - so that there is 1/2 or so all around - - - it would do wonders to your image. Very nice job Chris.

-----

I just threw your image into my online Pixlr Editor and added the canvas to show you what I would do if it were my own image. Not much difference, but gives a bit of space around the outside edges:

Copy_8586201834_3164a5c51c_c.jpg

----