• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Let's not talk about lenses...

fahim mohammed

Let's talk about something very dear and precious to each one of us...

Our hearts. Literally.

Pardon the color/contrast /grain..hard to concentrate on my pump when others were working on it and and Faisal assured me he would keep the pumping going for a few hours!

And Bob, ever our jolly family member. You shall not feel a thing! Fahim!.

And our good friend Ali..a saw in one hand asking me if I still liked cigarettes!

I have other designs and comps to think and talk about...sincerely, to myself.

Heart to heart you might say. It was time I did have that talk. Maybe I shall let you on on more of what we talked about in those 8 hours...but then again, why should I. You guys/gals are knowledgeable about everything. So I shall just listen to a murmur and take a ride on a river. A rough ride, in the hands of an able Oarsman.

fahim mohammed

Ready...say cheese!

Quick folks, get the clean sheets on. We are on CCTV!

Jennifer, hide those pipes! Get those monitors cleaned!

p1509944688-3.jpg

Where are the people? Hiding from the cam. All > 1000 of them. Making sure that the 99 other beds have a complete staff 24/7 devoted to that one area. My code was csicsc unit 15.

The team on my floor was comprised of the following..care givers.

Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, USA, Canada, Britain, Scandinavia, East Europe, Phillipines, Malaysia , India.

I was told the Aussies and the Kiwis were watching a rugby match!

Cannot do it by name individually, but thru this column..

To each and everyone of you...a simple man and his family's thank you.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Glad to see it still working, Fahim. Look after it. That seems like an unpleasant position to be in.
When you get good and strong I'll think of something to stir you a little; something religious or political. Meanwhile, rest easy. I need you to keep me in my place.
I don't watch the rugby, by the way. I was probably having an afternoon nap.

Good thoughts from me to you.
Tom

Hi Fahim,

Good to hear things went well enough for you to be posting already. Soon you'll be doing some exercising, I remember that from my mother.

I wish you a speedy recovery (or was this a few months ago already?).

Cheers,
Bart

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Fahim,

I am very sorry to hear about your surgery but I am also happy to hear that it all went well and that you were in the hands of two best friends of yours. My thanks go out to them and my thoughts go out to your beloved family. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Best regards,
Cem

fahim mohammed

Bart, I was moved to a lower alert care only yesterday. I have been in cs-ISCU since Monday, the 25 of March.

Kindest regards.

StuartRae

Fahim, you are a good man and we need you here, if only to exercise some control over our troublesome Aussie.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Best wishes,
Stuart

fahim mohammed

S

Stuart, a big thank you for your well wishes.

I do intend to hang around here for some more time...now that we have had new plumbing and
Maintenance done.

Unless Asher follows in the footsteps of insecure people whose only choice of action to try and alter the course of a dialog is to barricade the gates in the hope of preventing the fair haired maidens from possibly exploring what has been denied them.

Put your arguments in the open; have the strength of belief an knowledge to defend them; or have the courage to face an evaluate new facts and maybe perform a course correction.

To join the mature world, one needs to learn to piss standing up. Else stay in one's self congratulatory world.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Stuart, a big thank you for your well wishes.

To join the mature world, one needs to learn to piss standing up. Else stay in one's self congratulatory world.

That may be a bit difficult for half the population, Fahim.
Troublesome am I? That's good.
Insecure! You're probably right on that as well.
An Aussie? Only a secondary consideration.
I'm so glad you are well, Fahim. Now I can get the knives out once again.
I'm having my colonoscopy in a week or two. I'll post some photos. The lighting is good up there, so I've heard. I might even get some sympathy.
Cheers
Tom

fahim mohammed

That may be a bit difficult for half the population, Fahim.
I'm having my colonoscopy in a week or two. I'll post some photos.
Cheers
Tom

Maturity has nothing to do with gender .And neither does pissing.

Photos? Haven't we suffered enough with full frontals that now we might have to suffer the ignonimity of a full/internal posteriors pin-ups?

I wouldn't be surprised if you liked it too! Buy one, get one free.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Unless Asher follows in the footsteps of insecure people whose only choice of action to try and alter the course of a dialog is to barricade the gates in the hope of preventing the fair haired maidens from possibly exploring what has been denied them.

I'm, that bad, LOL!

Put your arguments in the open; have the strength of belief an knowledge to defend them; or have the courage to face an evaluate new facts and maybe perform a course correction.

Standing up is great, but not into the wind!

Fahim I am so glad to hear your procedures went well and you are on the road to recovery. You do not seem to have missed a single step. I don't know if I could be half as positive if I were in your place. You have helped me want to eat healthier and get more exercise so thank you for that. Get well soon.
James

fahim mohammed

Fahim I am so glad to hear your procedures went well and you are on the road to recovery. You do not seem to have missed a single step. I don't know if I could be half as positive if I were in your place. You have helped me want to eat healthier and get more exercise so thank you for that. Get well soon.
James

James, a very big thank you.

Don't you believe for a sec that I am one iota braver than any person on the street. Maybe I am the greatest of cowards and worst of the pessimists.

Putting on a brave face, makes me appear macho. The shrimp needs some glory too.

One of the first things my doc friend asked me on my rejoining the human race....which brand of cigarettes I smoked!

> 40 years of heavy smoking....the surgery was easy. The lungs went on strike.
Does smoking cause heart disease.? Does smoking lead to premature death? Who knows?

Panels of lawyers and doctors have argued and saved the tobacco lobby billions in compensation.
So who is right?

How could the richest, most educated, advanced and moral nation on earth allow exports of products such as cigarettes? Grass is banned. Cigarettes are not harmful.

Take your pick. Listen or do not listen to your heart.

James, stay well and safe. Work for the next second to be better than the one just passed.

Wonders of modern technology, Fahim. Glad to hear you are bearing up. No-one needs to tell you how much life is worth living.

fahim mohammed

Wonders of modern technology, Fahim. Glad to hear you are bearing up. No-one needs to tell you how much life is worth living.

Hello Murray. Thanks.

Yes my friend, life is precious. All life..on all points of the compass.

Loss of life can never be a statistic of collateral damage. But we are well advanced to selectively characterize it as such..based mainly on race. Anyone that refutes that is spitting in the wind.

This evil slime is beyond all laws. Above the Laws Of God and man...or so it would appear. But that too is deceptive.

fahim mohammed

Well, that's too broad a brush to hold for you and I. After all, the team that works wonders on you are brothers all, but from all over!

Asher

No it is not.

The Team that worked over me, as the example you choose to provide, does not subscribe to the ' evil '
that was described.

Are you Asher, really that naive not to know members of the team to whom loss of human life is simply collateral damage. Fodder.

Or are you somehow thinking up arguments to present this evil as a necessity of our times?

Heart transplants does not wash the evil of the soul.

Asher Kelman

Of course so called collateral damage is still evil, no matter by which army or people. That has nothing to do with the basic humanity of most people that is evident! Evil is not a necessity in any generation, but a tragic side effect of men relying on animal instincts rather than brotherhood. We're just not yet smart enough to negotiate wisely and get ourselves into trouble in every epoch of history. Still, we are learning and making some definite progress.

Part of power is corruption. That's true almost everywhere, save perhaps in native so called "primitive" villages where property is not owned and traders, missionaries and miners have not yet reached.

Asher

Asher Kelman

> 40 years of heavy smoking....the surgery was easy. The lungs went on strike.
Does smoking cause heart disease.? Does smoking lead to premature death? Who knows?

Panels of lawyers and doctors have argued and saved the tobacco lobby billions in compensation.
So who is right?

Fahim,

When my late father had a heart attack, his lungs were also too ravaged and worn out from cigarette smoking for over 40 years. If not for that, he might have recovered. Lungs might one day be grown in special labs, but right now, destroying them with cigarettes is a one way street! He truly believed in divine protection, (and based on his piety and good deeds he deserved a free pass), but the damage still came to him!

We did not have the technology and skills of vessel transplants then! He was just 66 years old.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

When my late father had a heart attack, his lungs were also too ravaged and worn out from cigarette smoking for over 40 years. If not for that, he might have recovered. Lungs might one day be grown in special labs, but right now, destroying them with cigarettes is a one way street! He truly believed in divine protection, (and based on his piety and good deeds he deserved a free pass), but the damage still came to him!

We did not have the technology and skills of vessel transplants then! He was just 66 years old.

Asher

Asher,

Let me inhale from the nebulizer that has been given..............another inhale.............ok.
Back with you.

Your dear believed, and I am convinced, was given divine protection. He could have been only 40 years old and not 66 years. Do not apply still evolving human rational thought to things beyond your and my comprehension. Your father would have told you the same.

' damage still came to him '... Here is a list..

Adam,......Abraham, Jacob, Soloman, Musa, Isshaq, Ismail, Mohammed. Just a few names. Which mortal's names do you hold in comparison th the ones I have provided....

Damage and death came to the above. One consistently defies healthy habits and then to ascribe ' damage ' to something else is unfair. It is also unthankful for the benefits that are provided free of charge....to be neglected by the owner.

I too expected a pass, I expected mercy, but neither your father nor I ' demand '. In my case, a chance has been provided. I shall have no one but myself to blame. But the end of life is never in doubt. Only the when, where and how.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Leaving good health up to Divine intervention, chance and the good skills of a surgeon after the event seems a bit dodgy to me. Irrespective of the inevitable event of death, good health contributes to a better output both physically and mentally and considerably reduces the burden we might be on our relatives, friends and society. I'm not considering the ' holy temple' approach to the body but a good scrub, some good grub, a bit of exercise and avoiding the poisons as much as possible seems to be a logical approach, in spite of our evolving rational thought. It may be my brain that does the thinking but its not much good if it hasn't got a body to work in. Some of us probably look after our cameras better than we do our own flesh.
20 years ago I, too, saw the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. By the way, I didn't see any bloke in a white robe at the other end although I swear I saw a pitch fork. It did occur to me at that point that chance and fables required some input on my part.
I may very well fall off my perch before I even finish this post, and some may be grateful for the relief, but until then its up to me to be responsible for my own well being and to place as little burden on my family and friends as possible.Ive seen the anguish ill Heath and death can cause the living.
We may not be in a position to demand anything regarding our pending death but we can demand of ourselves a bit of respect for what we have.