• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Time

Chris Calohan

A little backstory on this one. I recently went down to see my mother who's been showing significant signs of growing dementia over the last month. Thursday, when I visited her last, she didn't know who I was or my name until we played about 20 minutes of Starts with a C, second son...etc.

It's not fun seeing someone in your family leave though still physically exist. I love her no less, but I already miss her terribly.

8666547039_c896d6757e_o.jpg

Early Riser: Chris Calohan​

Michael Nagel

Chris,

I went through this with one of my grandmothers - she had Alzheimer's disease in her last years and it started in a mild way in the beginning and became more and more by the time.
It was more and more difficult to recognize people for her, but she never lost her positive attitude.

The hint of a person moving out of the frame would suit better from my point of view. This is a slow process, not an on/off event...

Best wishes!

Michael

Cem_Usakligil

I get your intentions Chris and the picture is quite intersting even without the story. But the rocking chair at the back is difficult to see, attention goes to the first two chairs mostly.

Chris Calohan

I get your intentions Chris and the picture is quite intersting even without the story. But the rocking chair at the back is difficult to see, attention goes to the first two chairs mostly.

The chair is in motion, as if someone has recently gotten up from this chair and left the scene.

Chris Calohan

Pardon me for interpreting that incorrectly as rocking and not as in just the chairs. I agree there is not great clarity, but there not much clarity in my mother now, either. I wanted to portray more how I felt, not how she is doing, though at this point, I think they may be one in the same. We have always been very close and to this point, I am having a terrible time trying not t be frustrated that my mother of three months ago is nothing at all like my mother of yesterday.

Cem_Usakligil

Pardon me for interpreting that incorrectly as rocking and not as in just the chairs. I agree there is not great clarity, but there not much clarity in my mother now, either. I wanted to portray more how I felt, not how she is doing, though at this point, I think they may be one in the same. We have always been very close and to this point, I am having a terrible time trying not t be frustrated that my mother of three months ago is nothing at all like my mother of yesterday.
I am very sorry Chris to hear about your mom's condition. I wish you all the strength and patience.