• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Scotland

Jim Davies

Hi all
Another keen amateur added to the ranks. I know John Nevill through his eos.com website where I've been a member for some 18 months. Having recently met up with John he mentioned this forum so I decided to try it out.

I've a general interest in photography and although I love landscapes, I somehow don't have the motivation to go trecking on my own through the Scottish Highlands!

I'm hoping to buy some lighting and try out some studio photography (something to do on the cold dark nights of winter) :)

I've only recently gotten interested in photography (last couple of years) and I own a 20D and some nice lenses including the 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-105f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS and a few fast primes as well.

I don't have any special interest. Jack of all trades - master of none is how I'd describe myself at the moment. I've taken landscapes, portraits, wildlife and I've even completed a few weddings with pretty decent results - although these were a lot of hassle and I bow to all pro wedding shooters!!

Anyway, I hope to be able to get some help with my ongoing passion and I hope to be able also to provide some help and feedback where I can.

Regards
Jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome Jim!

"All around the purple heather, will y go laddie go?" That is my favorite Scotts song!

I love Scotland and I would love to see pictures. In fact you are living in an area of beautiful landscape that's in demand as photographs and paintings.

In any cae, you are welcome and we hope you enjoy OPF.

We are not a teaching forum, but if you share, so will the folk here. Photographer's here want to end up with a really superb print. Whether this ends up on your wall, in a restaurant or a gallery on the high street is not important, alrthough these are all good ends.

We just want to share for fun, relaxation and to get more out of photography.

Ultimately, we want to embed out vision in a perfect print!

It's really quite simple, if you don't have a goal, you won't get there. so, that's out goal!

Again, glad you joined us as another representative of "Scotland the brave"!

Asher

Jim Davies

Thanks for the welcome Asher. I'll have a browse around and post some images when I can. I've a couple of Scotland although not the usual scenic mountains :) (that's one of my goals this year though...... to get out and about!

I'm moving home at the end of January so I probably won't have too much photography time until probably March. I thought buying some lights and playing at home (which I have wanted to do for some time) might help me learn more about light.

I'm not too technical when it comes to final print! if I have questions I usually ask my friend (and Snr Member here) John Nevill.

I look forward to posting.

best regards
Jim