• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

White Orchid

Robert Watcher

Anne and I came home from Nicaragua, to a beautiful orchid plant on our coffee table - a gift from our son and his family. We never have paid much attention to orchids - - - but they are an amazing plant that seems quite easy to grow.

I took this shot this morning, accentuating the softness and whiteness. My camera was an Olympus E-PL3 with Minolta 50mm f1.7 manual focus lens attached. I set the plant on my wife's ironing board, in front of a north side window of my home - and kicked some extra light in with my round silver reflector.

annes-orchids.jpg

White on White : ©2013 Robert Watcher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Anne and I came home from Nicaragua, to a beautiful orchid plant on our coffee table - a gift from our son and his family. We never have paid much attention to orchids - - - but they are an amazing plant that seems quite easy to grow.

I took this shot this morning, accentuating the softness and whiteness. My camera was an Olympus E-PL3 with Minolta 50mm f1.7 manual focus lens attached. I set the plant on my wife's ironing board, in front of a north side window of my home - and kicked some extra light in with my round silver reflector.

annes-orchids.jpg

White on White : ©2013 Robert Watcher

Delightful! These used to be called exotic as they were rare. They're considered to evoke thoughts of femininity. :)

Needless to say we always have orchids in our house. Once when my wife was away, a model told me that she was an expert and offered to water them properly so my lady would be happy. Well she drowned them and I had a lot of explaining to do!

Now we have so many varieties and one can get them from the supermarket. The blooms last a long time and even after they fall, plant them and they'll flower again.

Asher