• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Light Play

Chris Calohan

In this shot, I was looking to accentuate the colored leaves on the vines of the fore Bald Cypress tree, contrasting that to the greens and grays of the trees and surrounding flora.

8853294114_173005a18b_c.jpg

Contrast: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

Those leaves are colorful but do you need so much all the way around that junction of the trunk and the flashes of color?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

It's now come to life. I believe one of the major aspects of doing things of value, is first ranking what's important and then expressing ones ideas so that such differences in status or expressed through choices among every trick available, but in a way so that the technique is a silent partner. In this latest version, it works because the b.g. is soft and understated while the colored leaves are distinct, delicate and contrast well with the linear markings of the trunk.

Is this it or would you remove anything from the left or right. Also, now you've reached this point, would you look over other pictures you've no processed and see if they might add to this?

Asher

Chris Calohan

Here is the evolution of this image:

8865901714_3bb46cafd0_h.jpg

Part of the original sighting was the contrast of all the grays and greens against the reds in the leaves on the trunk, later as I looked more carefully, the contrast of the different leaf/needle textures.

Hence, the first image included all the original sighting (from a moving boat) elements. In the second iteration, I tried to keep most of the "swampland" intact and the last, while it is somewhat difficult to see the "swamp" characteristics, the essence of the contrasting leaves is more apparent.