• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I took this one just for the colours

Paul Abbott

I like the look of those colours but i'm sure you could have come away with a more abstract looking image, no?
I say this because i'm looking at the bottom right corner and lower floor with it's lines. Maybe they could have been contrasted with the shadows on the bridge, shot through the glass.
I also see the change of colour at the top of the bridge with it's reflection in the glass...Things to consider with a zoom lens and a tripod, maybe? :)

Michael Nagel

Paul,

Thanks - I think that I see what you would have done. I will have to return there and see if it can work. The surface on the right does not extend that far, so I am not sure how to find the best framing. Certainly worth a try.

Best regards,
Michael

Paul Abbott

No worries, Michael. I just hope you didn't mind me saying...
Also, I wonder what a wide-angle may do for you at the edge or start of that rail, looking down it and tilting the camera, maybe.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This bridge reminds me of Cem's Iron Bridge! It can be seen in so many ways, here and here. The lesson is that the photographer controls the picture and all its emotions.

Same here with this violet image. Who could have imagined this. I certainly wouldn't have! Yet it's impressive, but there you are, it takes other eyes to find extraordinary in ordinary.

Asher