• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Surreal Sheep

Rob Naylor

Sheep in an unusual surrounding, I'm not really sure whether they should have been there or not, but the overall image seemed quite surreal to me.

Caught these on a hilltop farm, on top of Beachy Head, East Sussex, UK during my annual Xmas visit.
The building in the background is the "Belle Tout" Lighthouse on top of Beachy Head, this is the lighthouse that was famously moved 17m away from the cliff edge in 1999 to protect it.
It has a very colourful history, and the website is well worth a visit for the history alone.
For more info see Belle Tout Lighthouse History

8661413612_d7a00dce77_b.jpg

Jarmo Juntunen

Excellent work and very well named, too. They certainly look very surreal but also so belonging to that particular surrounding.

Rob Naylor

Thanks Wolfgang, I agree with your comment regarding the lightening of the sheep faces, for a "lifelike image" this would certainly be the thing to do. For this version, I personally like the unreal look the jet black faces give (with just a "twinkle" of their eyes visible). ;)

Thanks Jarmo ! :)

Sam Hames

Sheep in an unusual surrounding, I'm not really sure whether they should have been there or not, but the overall image seemed quite surreal to me. ...

8661413612_d7a00dce77_b.jpg

This is nice - all the individual elements make sense, but then you put them all together and it becomes a little jarring - it's intriguing to look at. I've been back to look at it a few times since you posted it.

Personally I like the colour one too - but it's a different photograph and the black and white works very very well.

Sam