• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alnwick Castle, Northumbria

Paul Abbott

I've just come back from a visit to Northumberland on the north-east side of Britain...the GR came along with me too. :)

Alnwick Castle, Northumbria '13 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I've just come back from a visit to Northumberland on the north-east side of Britain...the GR came along with me too. :)

Alnwick Castle, Northumbria '13 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR

A return to Abbottean classicism! B&W and an angle that takes in the sculpture and context! I wonder if you have used the automatic exposure bracketing? It takes 3 pictures together so fast and one can get the clouds in such a circumstances and the foreground lion with enough light. In the beginning, that was all I used! Not sure clouds are needed and perhaps there were none anyway. Also, the skies brightness enhances the apparent "ruinedness" of the castle - some useful drama!

Asher