• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Erode

Antonio Correia

i-thvHcw5-XL.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

I can see it correctly Antonio. Also on your smugmug page.
Nice project and a nice picture to get the ball rolling.

PS: Far be it from me to comment on the usage of English by a non-native speaker just like myself, but why did you call the project Erode (which is a verb) and not Erosion (which is a noun)? Just curious. :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I can see it correctly Antonio. Also on your smugmug page.
Nice project and a nice picture to get the ball rolling.

PS: Far be it from me to comment on the usage of English by a non-native speaker just like myself, but why did you call the project Erode (which is a verb) and not Erosion (which is a noun)? Just curious. :)

Cem,

Perhaps this is a Biblical command like, "Let there be light!" or "Be fruitful and multiply!" So Antomio might see Nature commanding the earth to decompose itself before our eyes! At least that was my interpretation, but then I'm just a little crazy! It dod not occur to me that he could have mischosen the grammatic form. :)

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

Perhaps this is a Biblical command like, "Let there be light!" or "Be fruitful and multiply!" So Antomio might see Nature commanding the earth to decompose itself before our eyes! At least that was my interpretation, ....
That is my assumption as well Asher. Nothing negative about the English of Antonio, which is great. But knowing the typical mistakes non-native speakers can occasionally make, I wanted to ask just in case.

Antonio Correia

Well guys, thank you for your comments !

In fact, I wanted to use a word meaning "erotion" to show how this phenomena is important these days of weather global changes, when the melting of glaciers have a tremendous impact on the life of populations leaving in certain areas of the Word, like near Himalayas for example where these images are from.

You probably know that some tragedy occurred in India in the past months in Uttarakhand. We were near that region. Well... not exactly near but some 1.000/2.000 km away. :)

I took these photographs on the road from Kargil to Srinagar coming from Leh.
Again an endangered place in ambiental terms.
I was thinking of the project I have seen here of a couple of photographers where they were showing structures of land areas. I was looking at how the water provokes erosion ...

I wanted to name the project, not erosion because it would be too common but something different, more sophisticated.

And I found the word: Erode, I thought that it would be most convenient !

I have many more images to work on as I have photographed with this project in mind.

Colour is also a very nice way to show the concept but I opted humbly - in counterpoint to the work of Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee - by the black and white.

Can you see here any stupid dust spots ? :(

i-VvCB9q3-XL.jpg

Antonio, this picture is completely devoid of scale, which is most interesting. It could just as well have been a close-up of wood (or algue in water), or even a photomicrograph. I suspect the choice in presenting it in monochrome helps here.

To be a little critical, I don't see any particularly strong compositional element or shape here - it's a bit "random" - but very effective and interesting nevertheless. Thanks for sharing!

Antonio Correia

I think David, that this image has to be seen in context as it belongs to a project.

The complete absence of scale is deliberate, meant.

And so is the global climate changes as a transversal and disquieting phenomena.

In post 8, I was showing an image with a different scale which I have removed from the project with 4 others.

Now, with 25 images, I am showing - I must make a text for the project as soon as possible - the importance and how aggressive climate global changes is.

Thank you for commenting Dawid :)

Here is one of them, which I like most. It is the cover of this folio.

i-hG4pVSG-XL.jpg

I think David, that this image has to be seen in context as it belongs to a project.

The complete absence of scale is deliberate, meant.

And so is the global climate changes as a transversal and disquieting phenomena.

In post 8, I was showing an image with a different scale which I have removed from the project with 4 others.

Now, with 25 images, I am showing - I must make a text for the project as soon as possible - the importance and how aggressive climate global changes is.

Thank you for commenting Dawid :)

Here is one of them, which I like most. It is the cover of this folio.

i-hG4pVSG-XL.jpg

Hi António,

This photograph is also my favorite of them all, so far, also! Just beautiful
Maggie

Antonio Correia

Thank you Maggie for your comment.

I think the project is done as many more images I have seems not to fit well for this purpose.

:)