• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Putting on the Ritz

Chris Calohan

9588709210_1bc59e5b7f_c.jpg

Putting on the Ritz: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

I especially like the distorted reflection of this grand hotel. Do you have any story to go with it of how you came to take the picture and what of other images casually snapped around that shot?

Asher

Chris Calohan

The shot was right across from the Hyatt Regency, where I was staying (literally straight across from my first floor balcony). I knew there would be a great shot when and if it ever stopped raining, so when it did, I donned the CPL and went for a shoot. I have several others in this shoot of the Ritz, but haven't yet had the chance to process them.

B&W is one such possibility.

Paul Abbott

This is a good image but I think it's too restricted within the frame and I wonder about the odd crop ratio...
The light is quite flat and there are 'halo' effects around the building too.

Chris Calohan

Well, I got rid of the Haloes, but pretty much got rid of the initial context along the way...

9606720733_f76d225ae3_o.jpg

Too Much to Drink: Chris Calohan​