• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shooting interiors of the Bénéteau Swift Trawler 34

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Shooting interiors of boats within a very short time needs to shoot without lighting…
Although the Pentax 645 D has a large dynamic range, one cannot capture in one shot all details in shadows and highlights all together.
Hence the use of the exposure fusion technique. I use this for a long time now, and it saves a lot of time for the shooting. Of course more time has to be dedicated to the post-production.
In this particular case, the Bénéteau Swift Trawler 34 was ready to leave the yard on a truck for the Cannes Festival de la Plaisance so we had to achieve some clipping for the integration of seascapes…

NCL1259_ST34_web.jpg

NCL1279_ST34_web.jpg

NCL1619_ST34_web.jpg

Jesse Brown

Shooting interiors of boats within a very short time needs to shoot without lighting…
Although the Pentax 645 D has a large dynamic range, one cannot capture in one shot all details in shadows and highlights all together.
Hence the use of the exposure fusion technique. I use this for a long time now, and it saves a lot of time for the shooting. Of course more time has to be dedicated to the post-production.
In this particular case, the Bénéteau Swift Trawler 34 was ready to leave the yard on a truck for the Cannes Festival de la Plaisance so we had to achieve some clipping for the integration of seascapes…

NCL1259_ST34_web.jpg

NCL1279_ST34_web.jpg

NCL1619_ST34_web.jpg

I love the beautiful blue and white combination.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thank you Jesse
In fact the shots were made while the boat were standing on ground in front of the shipyard… including the refection behind the ladder (which can only be "something" in the viewer back…)
All you see thru the windows is added in PP : D

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Jesse
In fact the shots were made while the boat were standing on ground in front of the shipyard… including the refection behind the ladder (which can only be "something" in the viewer back…)
All you see thru the windows is added in PP : D

I didn't pick up this post processing! That's what it's supposed to be, hidden from our attention. even searching the image, I've not discovered any error.

Asher