• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Memoriam: Hélène Anderson

Bob Latham

I have the sad task of informing you that Hélène Anderson, a member of this forum, passed away earlier today.

Hélène (or Helen) lived only a few kilometres from my home here in Western France and we frequently attended local sporting events together...the only time I've allowed Nikon equipment in my car. Her true photographic passion was cycling and simple documentary reporting. The technical aspects of photography meant very little to Helen but the images she captured were always backed up with local research to produce a story.

She was a very private person and I'll not betray that after her passing. A few months ago, she went back to the UK to visit family. A minor medical problem resulted in a visit to a physician and the start of treatment for a serious illness.....sadly the treatment was in vain. Certainly she wasn't a youngster but neither was she approaching her allotted time. I won't divulge a lady's age but we were only a few months apart and I hope to have another 30 years or so on this earth.

Bob

Cem_Usakligil

I am so sorry to read this Bob, my condolences. I have enjoyed reading Helene's contributions, especially the documentary bits about railway stations, old garages and the like. May she rest in peace.

Jerome Marot

I am really sorry to hear that. I enjoyed very much the pictures of a region that is not far from where I have family roots.

Bob Latham

So sad to hear the news. How do we send condolences?

Asher

I have the postal address of Hélène's sister in the UK, Asher, she was staying with her during the treatment. I can collate the various messages of condolence from this thread and then forward them on or I can provide the address by PM if anyone requests it.

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

Bob