• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beautiful rain

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Monsoon season has arrived. We all become rain watchers. BOM radar tells us where it is and how much, the anvils tower over the landscape, flashes of light creep across the clouds, and the sky goes through its borborygmus convulsions, sending children and dogs scurrying, uniting in safety under the dining room table.
I find peace in the rain. It's gentle disturbance is hypnotic, calming and spoken silently. The monsoon whispers, tempering the air and shedding its life blood to the waiting forests. The sheer heaviness of the air compresses the color into tones and textures so intense, one can only stand with effort, breathe with difficulty and walk with a lumbering cadence.
Bring on the rain.

_DSC2162 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

_DSC2174 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

_DSC2189 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

Cem_Usakligil

You make it sound as if it is a joy Tom. The rain over here, albeit not the monsoon variety, is boring to say the least and terribly depressing in general. I have seen the sun for a mere 1.5 days in whole of November. Sigh!

Antonio Correia

Tom what an idea ! :)
Here, it is not like Cem's country. :)
The crisis is huge but the sun is shining and no rain at all for the time being.
:)

Andy brown

Tom, not patch on yours which are brilliant but certainly in theme.

Coastal rockpool, brief shower.

Sunshower_zpsbd77272c.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Monsoon season has arrived. We all become rain watchers. BOM radar tells us where it is and how much, the anvils tower over the landscape, flashes of light creep across the clouds, and the sky goes through its borborygmus convulsions, sending children and dogs scurrying, uniting in safety under the dining room table.
I find peace in the rain. It's gentle disturbance is hypnotic, calming and spoken silently. The monsoon whispers, tempering the air and shedding its life blood to the waiting forests. The sheer heaviness of the air compresses the color into tones and textures so intense, one can only stand with effort, breathe with difficulty and walk with a lumbering cadence.
Bring on the rain.

_DSC2162 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

_DSC2174 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

_DSC2189 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

A great topic and an excellent set of images to get some competition going!
I do like repeated patterns, they're reassuring.

Asher