• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Patience

Chris Calohan

11638926626_5176998fef_b.jpg

Patience: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
11638926626_5176998fef_b.jpg

Patience: Chris Calohan​

Chris,

I like the picture with the ballerina resting, but where do you get patience from? She must be waiting her turn or for the teacher to arrive?

There are not many more grueling training programs than for professional ballet. So I didn't think ever before of patience being part of it, but you're right, without that, there's no inner peace for a dancer to float gracefully with.

Asher

Chris Calohan

Hi, Asher. I did a little reworking of this image and in the process also changed the title - and even before I saw your post. There's a small beach area not far from my home that is a favorite among photographers for wedding announcement shots, family portraits and the like. This was the first time I'd seen a young girl's dance troupe posing and this older, far more experienced young lady was sitting calmly awaiting her next pose which was only to show the younger girls how to position themselves. Many of the shots were en pointe, hence the shoes and tutu.

11645835703_7a7c03cb8f_b.jpg

Awaiting Her Next Pose: Chris Calohan​

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nice.
Patience is also a required attitude for photographers !
Then you may be paid back. Here's one case !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher. I did a little reworking of this image and in the process also changed the title - and even before I saw your post. There's a small beach area not far from my home that is a favorite among photographers for wedding announcement shots, family portraits and the like. This was the first time I'd seen a young girl's dance troupe posing and this older, far more experienced young lady was sitting calmly awaiting her next pose which was only to show the younger girls how to position themselves. Many of the shots were en pointe, hence the shoes and tutu.

11645835703_7a7c03cb8f_b.jpg

Awaiting Her Next Pose: Chris Calohan​

Chris,

There are people who insist that a picture speaks for itself and yours could, however this particular image is so wonderfully explained further by a great title, Awaiting Her Next Pose.

It adds a grand entrance door and reception area and then flourish and a finish to a good picture!

Asher