• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from Mississauga

Joseph Ferrari

Hello to everyone!

This forum has the feel of something great! And I'd like to contribute to the extent of my experience and capabilities.

I owned a photography studio back in the mid-seventies—4x5, 6x7, 2-1/4, 35mm—did mostly weddings and portraits with a small amount of commericial/corporate. I left photography to pursue a career in computers and eventually became Director of Software at Atari out of California.

I left computers to pursue multimedia productions (15 years), but the advent of digital photography has brought me back to photography—so here I am two years into digital!

I know I'm going to get lots out of this forum, I hope I can put in, a tiny bit.

Joseph

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Joseph
be welcome here in the heat of OPF while it's so cold in our winter time (though we have quite a lot of members here that live downunder therefore it's summer for them).
Why don't you put any link to some of your work so we may learn a bit on your photography work ?
We all would love so!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My strong welcome too Joseph!

Always happy to have another Canadian! What cameras are you using now? Do you sitill shoot film and are your old films in shor boxes are filed carefully?

We love acenned pictures too!

Asher

Joseph Ferrari

Asher Kelman said:
My strong welcome too Joseph!

Always happy to have another Canadian! What cameras are you using now? Do you sitill shoot film and are your old films in shor boxes are filed carefully?

We love acenned pictures too!

Asher

Thanks for the welcome. I'm using Canon 20D and 5D and no film cams.

Most of the negs are in binders and yes some are in shoe boxes! Is this a trait of the trade?

Joseph

Joseph Ferrari

Nicolas Claris said:
Hi Joseph
be welcome here in the heat of OPF while it's so cold in our winter time (though we have quite a lot of members here that live downunder therefore it's summer for them).
Why don't you put any link to some of your work so we may learn a bit on your photography work ?
We all would love so!

I'm re-constructing my websites and will post some links soon.
Joseph