• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Abstracts

Chris Calohan

12552545903_c17e5966c9_b.jpg

Abstract One A: Chris Calohan

12552905184_3d981d9f70_b.jpg

Abstract Two B: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
12552545903_c17e5966c9_b.jpg

Abstract One A: Chris Calohan

12552905184_3d981d9f70_b.jpg

Abstract Two B: Chris Calohan​

Chris,

Of the two abstracts, I find the second the most vibrant and attention-getting. Since you most often produce realistic images, this seems to be a relatively new branch of your creative work. If I'm mistaken, then toss out my comments, below, as superficial and not to the point!

I find both of these interesting but wonder whether you have taken it to the winds, so to speak by going beyond what your camera will deliver? The shapes are indeed abstractions but the delivery is very precise with the optics you've used. Not saying you should do anything, (but since this is not yet in a gallery, where I'd enjoy the imprints as they are), I feel perhaps there may be some wiggle room to ask if you have considered post processing additional changes where you can take your ideas further.

Looking forward to more in this ambitious series.

Asher

Jarmo Juntunen

I like them both. But just like Asher suggested the forms are so pure and precise that I find it very difficult to call them abstract.