• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Spring blossoms

Dr Klaus Schmitt

13578150563_d3c4ccf02e_b.jpg

13578169553_d679263e83_b.jpg

13578090875_3b0da8a0e0_b.jpg

13578099025_3b74c62df5_b.jpg

13578471894_de51114e1e_b.jpg

13578089275_14a1a82b3e_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Klaus,

The blossoms come out of a magical b.g. as if forming only when they reach the edge of some force-field. There's not the edge aberrations noticeable on a few of the other images. The blossom seems to be a perfect fit for howe the lens writes. We see the blossom as a gift in the process of "being". There's precise definition enough where needed, but this exactness does not allow us to be drawn away, investigating details of the periphery.

There's substantial effort to mount this lens. What motivated you? Did you use a focussing helicoid or what and do you use filters to some method of controlling the aperture?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher,

believe it or not, I am a minimalistic shooter, so no cropping no Photoshop - I do my work when I press the trigger.

This lens and my way of shooting work very well together, as it has a razor thin plane of sharpness and I coarse focus only with the lens,
then let smallest body movements do the rest. It is kind of meditation and getting one with the object (flower), so finding the right angle
and positioning that plane of sharpness is iterative and somewhat intuitive. It needs quite some patience but I manage now also if there is wind...

Yes, it is one of may fav lenses now, the other is the Delfion, both I have mounted into some modular system for such lenses.

I actually like those lenses and their abilities a lot, irrespectively of them having quite some CA, but that can be managed by letting the BG absorb it.