• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

August Damsels

Jarmo Juntunen

Resting Damsel 1

_img900.jpg

Resting Damsel 2

_img900.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Resting Damsel 1

_img900.jpg

Hi Jarmo,

I find photographing damsels quite hard. However, this beauty is so cleanly composed and harmonious. These ladies are so delicate and need more care and you did just that!

Dragon flies, by contrast, resting with wings outstretched are far easier to frame as the strong horizontal wing elements can vanquish prominent plant buds that otherwise can be distracting.

Asher​

Jarmo Juntunen

Thank you all for your nice comments. Asher, I find dragons to be a far more demanding subject. Damsels only fly short distances and stop resting offering good photography opportunities. Dragons, on the contrary, seem a lot more cautious and fly so fast...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you all for your nice comments. Asher, I find dragons to be a far more demanding subject. Damsels only fly short distances and stop resting offering good photography opportunities. Dragons, on the contrary, seem a lot more cautious and fly so fast...

syrem but they often have regular patrol routes and one just has to observe them and then spot their favorite perches.

Asher