• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Wall & Shadows - Barcelona, Spain '14

Paul Abbott

Somewhere in Jaume, Barcelona...

doorway_windowjaume_Ibarcelonacl600.jpg

Wall & Shadows - Barcelona, Spain '14 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR w/ GW3 21mm

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Somewhere in Jaume, Barcelona...

doorway_windowjaume_Ibarcelonacl600.jpg

Wall & Shadows - Barcelona, Spain '14 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR w/ GW3 21mm

So, Paul, this has to be a special scene as you couldn't show what you felt without the color. It's like being in some north African village where all the buildings are painted blue. How on earth can one represent the place without the color!

So what is the story for you here! It would have been very interesting in B&W, but you left the color and so it's important to me too!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Hey Asher, I felt that the image was found to be lacking a little in B&W in regard of wanting to show off the warmth I found in this scene, enhanced by that pastel coloured wall with it's various deeper and richer patches of colour. There is more of a glow to the this version too...
The usual requisites for a colour photograph I guess. Also, I was looking to split-tone the B&W image I made and kind of decided, why not go with the colour version. It was a case of evaluation...with a small dash of emotion. :)

Here is the split-toned B&W...

wall_shadowssplittoned600.jpg

Last edited: