• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tominon 86mm does flowers

Dr Klaus Schmitt

The E-36 lens from high resolution scanner actually....
So let it do some flowers outside...fully open (f4)

15166194956_349c52f4f9_b.jpg

15002420199_c5d0d0e554_b.jpg

15166176636_3016806a33_b.jpg

15189187465_7a440a62c2_b.jpg

15188819772_db56b41d84_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are beautifully rendered! But, Klaus, in what way is this lens different from the Tominon 86 mm E36 enlarger lens and which way is the lens placed towards the flower?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

The Tominon 86 mm E36 was never supposed to be an enlarger lens, but was designed for a scanner system. This is the one I was using, normal, not reversed.

Asher Kelman

The Tominon 86 mm E36 was never supposed to be an enlarger lens, but was designed for a scanner system. This is the one I was using, normal, not reversed.

Klaus,

This seems like a very fine lens indeed!

Interesting that they used the same designation for such apparently different lenses. Confusing when they don't indicate by the name the special higher level design! Canon adds the letter "L" and Zeiss coined "OTUS", but this lens just has the same moniker as a common enlarger lens! Even the same focal length and type E36!!

I know the made a family of such lenses for the Polaroid cameras but these were pretty ordinary I have heard.

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Yes, a great lens it is obviously. I have the full set of Tominons for the Polaroid MP4 system, but was never really impressed with it.

Asher Kelman

Yes, a great lens it is obviously. I have the full set of Tominons for the Polaroid MP4 system, but was never really impressed with it.

Klaus,

I tried looking up such "scanning lenses". I was immediately out of my depth, LOL! A lot are used in photo etching and work with particular wavelengths of lasers, in some cases. Is this one from some scanner of images for reproduction of some sort or part of machine vision for an industrial production line?

Asher