• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Belt pieces...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
...seen in an old mill.

Best regards,
Michael

Thanks for bringing this sculptural composition! I'm inspired!

A great place to explore, especially in such light. Reminds me of "harvest bundles of straw", but in a factory! Also makes me think I should return to the steel fabrication place I know to see what they have around in scrap steel.

Is this place of yours part of something still active, or totally abandoned?

Asher

James Lemon

Hello Michael

I like this image but I would like it even more if the three screws or nails were not showing, leaving only a portion of the bold curve at the bottom.

I like the shapes. I also like the warmth of the wood but I can see James Lemon's point about the crop as it would help ground the image better. Still, well seen.
Maggie

Michael Nagel

Hi Asher,

Thanks! The mill is still fully functional, but no longer used. The energy of the water is used for electricity now, but using the same transmission like before.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Hi Jarmo,

thanks! The contrast was even harder before, I did not want to take all away of the setting.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Hi James,

Thanks! I though of more cropping, but on the other hand, this was an unintentional still life setting of material used for maintenance in this mill, so the context has some importance for me, even if it might not look as good as everyone expects.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Hi Maggie,

Thanks! I included the environment on purpose as written above. It was interesting to see that everybody I watched during the short time I was there missed this view...

Best regards,
Michael

Antonio Correia

Beautiful...
Belts in leather I presume.
The rounded table reinforces the strength of the composition.
Thank you for sharing Michael ! :)

Michael Nagel

Hi Antonio,

Thanks! Yes, the belts are in leather.

The table is a functional part of the mill, but I don't remember which...

Best regards,
Michael