• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Stealing Beauty: Flowers at the Anawalt Lumber Store

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Last night I impulsively visited the lumber store to see if I could sample some of their flowers in the outside garden department, just before the sun went down.

_DSC9249_800 pixels.jpg

_DSC9289_800.jpg

_DSC9281_800_pixels.jpg

_DSC9296_800 pixels.jpg

Asher Kelman: Snaps at the Local Hardware Store Garden Department

Sony A7R Pentax 85mm f 1.9

I must say that I'm impressed with the ability of the lens to build a beautifully abstracted and smooth background to the flowers. It is a most wonderful feeling to see the flowers outlined this way against the failing light. This lens has a reputation for it's special Bokeh and it delivers!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I am surprised that the glossy inside surface of the Chinese helical mount didn't seem to substantially degrade the contrast of the pictures, but I have to check this against a Novaflex normal adapter which has a matte internal finish and see if there's a noticeable difference.

Asher

I know nothing of these lenses, but I do like the photos. The second and 3rd in particular are my faves within the 4. The 3rd sort of looks like a petunia that has been eaten away by bugs but it gives the flower a very unique shape. I also really enjoy the light coming through that blossom as it makes it feel very ethereal and fragile.
Maggie

Asher Kelman

I know nothing of these lenses, but I do like the photos. The second and 3rd in particular are my faves within the 4. The 3rd sort of looks like a petunia that has been eaten away by bugs but it gives the flower a very unique shape. I also really enjoy the light coming through that blossom as it makes it feel very ethereal and fragile.
Maggie

"Ethereal" is so apt, Maggie! Your pictures deliver that naturally. I have to work harder, LOL!

We want to look at the beauty and the way the lens provides this magical fairytale forrest setting is such a treat.

Pentax lenses are on a par with the best from Zeiss. This manual focus lens also has a very long throw making it easy to manually focus. Isolating beauty even in an industrial setting is a great advantage.

Thanks so much for visiting and your kind comments.

Asher