• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

About some photographic expsure meters

Doug Kerr

During the history of photography, there have been few aspects so fertile as that of photographic exposure meters. Hundreds of firms spawned thousands of models, few of them now in use.

Three historically-important important families of exposure meters have recently come under study here, the GE "DW" series, the Weston Master series, and the "Norwood Director" series.

The results have been twofold:

• My desks and the family room bar top are now awash with exposure meters, clumped together like so many lemmings.

• Three rather substantial articles have been written giving a lot of hopefully-interesting information about these meter families and the people and organizations responsible. These articles are:

"The GE 'DW' line of photographic exposure meters"

"The 'Norwood Director' family of photographic exposure meters"

"The Weston Master family of photographic exposure meters"

All are available on The Pumpkin, indexed in a group here:

http://dougkerr.net/Pumpkin/index.htm#Exposure_meters

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Interesting and generous contributions, as usual!!

So are you going to now take portraits of the meters in evening light when there's beautiful shading. That will be a beautiful challenge.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Interesting and generous contributions, as usual!!
Thank you.

So are you going to now take portraits of the meters in evening light when there's beautiful shading. That will be a beautiful challenge.
Yes, I hope to do just that when conditions allow.

They make quite a "chorus line".

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug