• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Portrait of my father

Jörgen Nyberg

Hi all

Here's a picture of my father in the garden, he doesn't like to have he's picture taken, so I caught him off-guard.

028_25.jpg

EOS 30 with 28-135 IS USM, film RS 200, and fill flash.

C&C welcome (I know it's a bit oversharpened).

Jörgen

Erik DeBill

I feel like the composition is a little unbalanced and would benefit from a little more space to the right.

I can empathize with the difficulties of trying to photograph a loved one who avoids cameras. You want to preserve images of them, but it's hard to get them. Sometimes, any image you can get is a triumph. I get the feeling we're seeing a lot of your father's character in this one :)

Erik DeBill said:
I can empathize with the difficulties of trying to photograph a loved one who avoids cameras. You want to preserve images of them, but it's hard to get them. Sometimes, any image you can get is a triumph.

I just ignore them and tell them they ran out of my hair looks bad or I have a headache years ago and I no longer care. And if that fails, then hit them with the truth, that you are sick of them being selfish and their denying memories of their existence to those who care.

But I also ensure my Karma is secure by allowing pictures of me without complaint (except, can I wash my face or comb my hair first). I also try to avoid letting others see unflattering images (no reflection on the current image) which relates to both my Karma and getting other people to want you to take images (or at least grudgingly allow it).

enjoy,

Sean