• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Autumn fiercely saying goodbye Nov 2

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Or: Visionar 84mm does November walk at late evening sun; all shot fully open at f1.6

15696593652_ba1cf9d399_o.jpg

15509122919_5674a6b178_o.jpg

15075637423_d61a4fa63b_o.jpg

15671276176_1e91022875_o.jpg

Full set is here (incl. older ones, scroll to end): https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157644761603751/

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Or: Visionar 84mm does November walk at late evening sun; all shot fully open at f1.6

Klaus,

You write, "fully open". I don't think this lens has an aperture ring. Do you have one for lenses that need it that you can add to the Rotating Helix? Is there one that you can use for many lenses?

15671276176_1e91022875_o.jpg

Now this is HARSH!!

But you still have a gentle show exactly like what I can see over the hedge outside my window.

15075637423_d61a4fa63b_o.jpg

I enjoy the way they seem to float on your b.g. Another "Bravo!" to Zeiss Jena and you!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

I only wrote "fully open" as I haven't really found another expression for that, "as is" would have not really worked ;-)

No, I don't have an aperture for that one, adding it to the front woudl be quite difficult, as the front is large and has no useful thread to mount, to the resr woudl lead to vignetting. The only other way would be to cut the lens apart and insert it between the lens groups - a very difficult and time consuming work to ensure the same optical properties as before such "invasive surgery" for a very experienced mechanic with a suitable lathe on hand ... not me.

There is no rotating helix btw. I have made an adapter that fits it to a focusing helicoid, but with that the lens stays put, no rotation, just moves forward and backward.

Not must have "Indian Summer" now, a very beautiful time of the year indeed!