• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Olympus F.Zuiko E f2.8 38mm and sunny November

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Shot fully open. Wonderful sunny November day it was.

15578942549_8d3cf717b5_o.jpg

15145366443_d36376961d_o.jpg

15144816644_3f6c450b81_o.jpg

15579975020_86350e95ce_o.jpg

15741077126_53455be70c_o.jpg

15579613707_5cccc7035b_o.jpg

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157646913603973/

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Klaus,

You were really on the move here and captured all the symbols for the fall! I'd like to see that butterfly opened up if there's detail in the blacks to be seen.

About time you gave Olympus some love, respect and honor after your long run of East German vintage lenses!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher! my monitor shows all sorts of deep brown on the butterfly center, so I'm a bit lost about your comment....

This six element Olympus lens is a half frame enlarger lens btw. and a rather rare one.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Asher! my monitor shows all sorts of deep brown on the butterfly center, so I'm a bit lost about your comment....

This six element Olympus lens is a half frame enlarger lens btw. and a rather rare one.

Likely the reason for my question is my use of the mid 2007 20" iMac which is pretty convenient and pleasant to use but a tad limited in giving us back all those colors. We do see shades of browns too but no edges, but I'll check with my Eizo, again that vintage but a better chance.

You again educate us with these special lenses. I did not look up this Olympus lens as I just assumed it was vintage but part of the Olympus stable of superb optics that us older folk would not be surprised about. I did not know it was an enlarging lens. now I will look it up, but the chances are that much if not all the links will be to your work, LOL!

You'd generate a whole new generation of biologists and optics aficionados if you were, instead, just a high school teacher and not an academic!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher! Well, if I could pass on what I know about optics and lenses, I would be more than happy to, but I doubt there is much interest in that. (Should we should think about having a teaching about such old lenses for a group of interested photographers somewhere, say California?) Today's camera industry is so good into making buyers look for the newer and better lens, rather anyone looks back to discover what has been there for years and decades, often neglected if not totally forgotten.

That new LOMO Petzval (which you now have) is a new development, "retro style" and I hope it directs people and photographers to discover that "sharpness is not everything" ;-)

And btw. I am not an academic working at a University. Sure, I have a Phd degree in El. Engineering, but I work as a freelance engineer and consultant since 18y now ;-)