• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Politics

Jim Kenny

Local hero brings his best game onto the national stage - last time was for Vice President this time for President

jes.jpg

This shot was in Chapel Hill North Carolina. He had just announced his intention to run a couple days ago in New Orleans. His headquarters is located in "Southern Village"

Did not hear much of what he said ... I was trying to take his picture : )

Jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great that you got this picture. I guess one can approach him. Edwards has a great smile and seems really happy! However we don't know what he stands for, or at least I don't.

We need more national debate and people with vision and leadership. So far I haven't seen this from anyone. It seems people win by charm and bluster! For charm, you picture shows him well.

I like the modesty of the picture. Here he is seen alone with no pomposity and he looks like it's his birthday! Is this image cropped? It seems like you might have included more of the supporters in your shot. If so, can we see it uncropped as the image seems to need perhaps a little more to the left to see who he is reacting with.

Anyway, congratulations on the shot. Any chance you can sell it or was the place packed with press?

Asher

Harvey Moore

Nice shot

I lived in his home town in SC for a few years, heard him speak at a local event during last presidential campaign.

My impression, he stands for latest poll results, spoke in too many negatives, and is the consumate "Artful Dodger".

Jim Kenny

Asher - Yes the image was cropped - as requested here is the uncropped version.

full.jpg

This was shot with a 70-200 lens with the focal length at 85mm
iso 500
1/100

I cropped where I did to remove the stage light just behind him as seen in the full shot.

He just took the stage and he has not said anything yet he is simply basking in the crowd reaction. Which was interesting to see his promoters lead the crowd to practice a warm welcome before he got near the stage. Must have done about 1/2 dozen practice welcomes : )

The place was packed with press. I was there on assignment for a client, not for the press.

This was my first time attending such a political event. I was simply wanting to share a picture with this forum and was not really intending to initiate a political discussion.

Considering this is John Edwards hometown I expect another event of this kind to take place and I look forward to another opportunity to get an even better image.

Jim

Joel Slack

I live in Waco, which is where President Bush catches his ride to and from his ranch in Crawford. Several times I have kicked myself for not grabbing my bag and heading out to the airport to see if I could catch some long-range snaps. Not because of politics, but because he is an important figure and a good shot might look good in a portfolio.

Very nice shot.

Don Ferguson Jr.

Nice shot of pretty boy .He will never be President he could not even win NC again for Senate .
You captured him well , very nice composition.
Regards
Don

Nill Toulme

I like the full frame better. For me it captures more of the context and atmosphere of the event, including something of its "staged" quality. You might just tone down the light a bit with some burning (or is that dodging? I always get them mixed up...) This shot might also work well in B&W.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Jim Kenny

b_w.jpg

what do you think ? I really have not done to much grayscale conversion before.

Never been pushed to try - thanks for the nudge !

Jim