• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Can you spell "fuh-rah-ry"?

A friend of mine races cars (apart from other things:)
He needed to have a picture of a couple of them showing some sponsor's logo. Naturally he asked me for an assistance. :)
After having taken and looked upon a few dozen shots we could not decided which one shows the logo better. So we came to an idea of having a basic collage.

Anyway, here's the end result. Taken with Canon 30D, mostly EF-S 10-22, one EF 100-400 (I thought I had 70-200 in my bag, but it turned out to be "the other white lens", which luckily worked out fine, too).

122267294-L.jpg

Last edited:

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Mid life Crisis = Ferrari

My neighbor bought one of those and aside from turning the engine on and waking up the whole neighborhood, he spends his time polishing it in his driveway every weekend. I think it must have next to zero miles. He had to buy a Mini Cooper to drive since the Ferrari is not too good on gas mileage. He'd probably be thrilled to have someone come shoot it for him. Not a good subject for me to shoot.

Kathy,

Kathy Rappaport said:
My neighbor bought one of those and aside from turning the engine on and waking up the whole neighborhood, he spends his time polishing it in his driveway every weekend. I think it must have next to zero miles. He had to buy a Mini Cooper to drive since the Ferrari is not too good on gas mileage. He'd probably be thrilled to have someone come shoot it for him. Not a good subject for me to shoot.

Why don't you refer me to him then, I'll gladly shoot it for him :)
(Not for free, of course, but it would be way less than it would cost him to service his treasure, methinks:)

BTW, unlike your neighbour, my friend actually drives his (not on a street, they are not street legal), and he even scores some decent results (top ten on the last big race).

Cheers!

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Shoot it with a camera or any thing else

I will gladly refer you to shoot it, Nik. If you have any other shooting equipment that would silence it at 6:30 am, that would be welcome too. Our neighborhood is not the kind to be in the habit of having Ferrari's here - mostly we have Toyota's. Lexus, Honda's and the occasional baby Bimmer's.

Last edited:
Kathy,

Kathy Rappaport said:
I will gladly refer you to shoot it, Nik. If you have any other shooting equipment that would silence it at 6:30 am, that would be welcome too. Our neighborhood is not the kind to be in the habit of having Ferrari's here - mostly we have Toyota's. Lexus, Honda's and the occasional baby Bimmer's.

You mean, bring my AK-47, too? ;-)