• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Crocus

Rachel McLain

Lest you think all I do is shoot on that plastic surface, here's some crocuses from a recent morning. The frost had melted and become all these tiny drops.

DSC_0447_5419.JPG

DSC_0450_5420.JPG

Rach

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lest you think all I do is shoot on that plastic surface, here's some crocuses from a recent morning. The frost had melted and become all these tiny drops.

DSC_0447_5419.JPG

DSC_0450_5420.JPG

Rach

Beautiful color and the frosting is unusual and a great catch. Did you have any thoughts on whether you wanted limited DOF or everything in focus?

Just interested in your approach as I feel you plan your pictures and so I'd love to know your approach.

Asher

Rachel McLain

I love working with a shallow DOF. I enjoy the impressions of what is unfocused and like to highlight parts of the whole (such as the dots of water/melting ice in these). It makes the minimalist look that I try to convey.

Beautiful color and the frosting is unusual and a great catch. Did you have any thoughts on whether you wanted limited DOF or everything in focus?

Just interested in your approach as I feel you plan your pictures and so I'd love to know your approach.

Asher