• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ImageIngesterPro has now been released!

Cem_Usakligil

ImageIngesterPro is now final, version 2.1.01 has just been released...

Hi All,

For the last few months, I've been using the beta versions of the nifty little application called ImageIngester by Marc Rochkind. The final production version has been released today.

In summary, this application "ingests" RAW & JPG images from flash cards (or from folders on your hard disks) and creates (nested) folders on chosen hard drives including backup folders while ingesting. The program can be set up to use with various cameras and flash cards. One can setup templates for renaming the files based on many data such as the EXIF data embedded in the original images. Also, many IPTC data fields can be pre-populated in templates. This data is then written to xmp sidecar files during ingestion. Also, one can automatically convert the RAW files into DNG ones, but I'm not sure that it is the right moment in the workflow for doing so. Nevertheless, IIP fits very well into the DAM workflow as recommended by Peter Krogh.

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think that tihs may be one of the most important new pieces of software to come in a long while.

Asher