• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings from Raleigh NC

Jamie Wilburn

Greetings folks,

I've been reading these forums for a few days now, and wanted to say hi.

About me:

I'm just a little fish in a big sea. Self taught, since 1998, and still learning every day. My interest are all over the place from portraits to nature to architecture and interiors. I spend most of my time these days shooting people in the studio. Sometimes I take pictures.

About you:

Don't be silly. How would I know anything about you? We just met.

Back to me:

I like long walks on the beach, the cream in the middle of a Twinkie, and dancing in the rain. This is the strangest dating service I've ever seen though. Hope my wife and kids don't find out.

Some photos I've taken:

http://www.photoshelter.com/user/jamiewilburn

Pardon the insanity. Life's too short.

Diane Fields

Hi there Jamie--funny about liking those long walks on the beach LOL. Seems a passion for all of us Carolinians.

You're on the other end of the state from me---but I welcome seeing another Carolinian here. And---I'm still waiting for our 'snow day' to happen--just one more disappointment after another in the sunny south this year *smile*.

Diane

Jamie Wilburn

We got about an inch or so today here in Raleigh today before the rain started. Not exactly a blizzard, but enough to shut down the city. I wasn't expecting the rain though. It started up before I could get out and enjoy it. Probably for the best though. It looked cold out there.

As I'm kind of in the middle of the state, would you be on the ocean side or the mountains side? My wife and I like to travel around the state and take photographs thoughout the year. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime. Perhaps we'll see you too.

Jamie

Welcome, Jamie, and thanks for the humor!

I'm about half-way inbetween you two - in the Charlotte area (actually Mooresville, 25 miles north). I'm often in the Raleigh area, though, as two of my daughters and their families are in Apex and Fuquay-Varina.

Best,

Diane Fields

We got about an inch or so today here in Raleigh today before the rain started. Not exactly a blizzard, but enough to shut down the city. I wasn't expecting the rain though. It started up before I could get out and enjoy it. Probably for the best though. It looked cold out there.

As I'm kind of in the middle of the state, would you be on the ocean side or the mountains side? My wife and I like to travel around the state and take photographs thoughout the year. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime. Perhaps we'll see you too.

Jamie

I'm in the foothills to the west, Jamie. I do photograph all over the state--was in your area several weeks ago for the Monet exhibit and spent some time roaming the DT Raleigh streets late one afternoon.

Diane

Jamie Wilburn

Thanks for the warm welcomes Don and Diane.

Don, your photos are great. Thanks for sharing the links. I used to live out that way, in Albemarle, for about 10 years. Not too far from where you are now. Good luck on the next Costa Rica trip.

Diane, I try to get out your way as much as I can, though it's been quite a while. This spring I plan on hitting the Blue Ridge Parkway and shooting some landscapes and waterfalls. I'm a bit jealous of your scenery. :)