• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Guidlines or rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Jervis

pro member
I joined the forum and didn't see the guide / encouragement to use full names. It is a great idea, and makes the place much more civilized.
A suggestion; Why is it just "lets encourage the use of full names"?
We are (or should be) adult enough to accept some rules.

Personal opinion, make it mandatory.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi sid,

Welcome and thanks for the support!

I didn't realize that people were being given an option. I think it is just that people may be bipassing reading the Terms Of Service, TOS, and just joining!

We are working to clarify this. The TOS in the front of the forum, under FAQ, are really clear.

4. Membership

Requires registering with full names and information so we can assure that the nature of the community is honest, open and professional. Please don't use an alias or "handle" as this diverts effort to correcting that. In any professional activity, one knows for certain the identity of one's colleagues.

Asher

Last edited:

Sid Jervis

pro member
Hello Asher,
OK hands up, unless it changed recently (I doubt that), I either missed it, or read it, but obviously didn't pay attention.

I may have read "User Maintenance" -
"To register, you will need to specify a username and password, and a valid email address." To me that bit fails to tell me that I have to use my full name. Maybe I was in so much of a rush to get in here.

Enough excuses from me.

I am not picking holes, I am glad the forum is here, thanks for your efforts.

Thanks

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Feel comfortable, put your hands down, you're not busted!

We just need to get the traffic flowing properly!

Asher

Status
Not open for further replies.