• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Color Panoramas The Stadium

Christine Rose

Yankee Stadium Panorama

413788429.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Christine,

This is an impressive scene. The Roman Senate would have loved to have had such a stadium!

I love the green!

Is this one shot or stitched

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Well it is 2647 pixels wide, so if you look at your image wtih the entire image view, unless you have a very large laptop, the view is stressed in size hence seems sharper than it is…

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 231

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
it is enlarged here from the post.... I didn't want to reduce the size.... it looks clear on my laptop when I look at it... it seems that here it's been enlarged some how... is that possible...

You only need to enlarge your original to say 800 to 1000 pixels wide unless it is Detail rich, like a line up of all Olympians with medals, stitched from overlapping shots so we can recognize the facial features of the individual athletes.

For ordinary shots, 1200 pixels and over requires scrolling on most screens anyway! Worse, you can risk getting fuzzy images...

....unless, you are like OPFrs Nicolas Claris, Cem Usakligil, (or the "master", Bart Van Der Wolf or others), and are adept at using enlarging algorithms and sharpening to deceive the eye and maintain the clarity of the pixels, even though we see no more actual detail than present in the recorded image that is enlarged.

Photoshop and other standard programs do well for doubling the size and fairly well for increasing x4.

But as you go further, the sense of "detail" and clear vision is lost, but without seeing smoke or a cloud pass over your scene, our brains can't fathom why the view seems artificial. To some extent, that veiling haze can be removed by either the "clarity" option in Adobe Camera RAW or other software or else use unsharp mask 20% and 60 pixels wide and adjust from there.

This website does not resize your images to fit the page or expand them so we have to scroll. Just post images from 400 to 900 pixels wide and folk will see them. The less magnification you force your original to reach, the better the final image will appear to be!

Asher

Christine Rose

You only need to enlarge your original to say 800 to 1000 pixels wide unless it is Detail rich, like a line up of all Olympians with medals, stitched from overlapping shots so we can recognize the facial features of the individual athletes.

For ordinary shots, 1200 pixels and over requires scrolling on most screens anyway! Worse, you can risk getting fuzzy images...

....unless, you are like OPFrs Nicolas Claris, Cem Usakligil, (or the "master", Bart Van Der Wolf or others), and are adept at using enlarging algorithms and sharpening to deceive the eye and maintain the clarity of the pixels, even though we see no more actual detail than present in the recorded image that is enlarged.

Photoshop and other standard programs do well for doubling the size and fairly well for increasing x4.

But as you go further, the sense of "detail" and clear vision is lost, but without seeing smoke or a cloud pass over your scene, our brains can't fathom why the view seems artificial. To some extent, that veiling haze can be removed by either the "clarity" option in Adobe Camera RAW or other software or else use unsharp mask 20% and 60 pixels wide and adjust from there.

This website does not resize your images to fit the page or expand them so we have to scroll. Just post images from 400 to 900 pixels wide and folk will see them. The less magnification you force your original to reach, the better the final image will appear to be!

Asher
ok... let me play around with the original...