• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Color Polaroids on my old Calumet 8x10 Oh what fun!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Here is my first good shot with Color Polaroid 8x10 TYPE 809 film!

Lens: 240mm Nikor W f:5.6 on a Copal No. 3 shutter.

ISO 80 125th sec f5.6

Color8x10Polaroid.jpg

I just bareley got this shot. It was overcast and this film must be shot at 125th sec for correct color balance so I waited for a little sun that came out for just a few seconds.

With a slower shutter speed My photos all had a yellow cast.

It is kinda fun working with an almost antique medium (film & camera).

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Very nice patina on the fountain. I wonder how you scanned it. People say there's not a lot of resolution in the Polaroid, but what's more important is the tonality. I think this is a great medium to investigate.

My 8x10 processor has arrived I have 5 great film holders and soon the camera and a 35mm slide enlarger!

I really want to exploit the slide collections I have that sit there ignored yet holding so many riches.

Polaroid might just be a great solution for that speical slide and you don't need to scan it!

Asher