• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Greetings from Normal, IL USA

Mark Coons

Hi,

My name is Mark and I guess I'd classify myself as a photo hobbyist. I make my living working with computers not a camera. But that does not stop me from wanting to improve and grow.

I enjoy photographing musical events, school events, landscapes and my family.

You can click on the links in my signature to see some of my work if interested.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Some Hobbyist!

Well Mark,

I'm glad I visited your website. Now it's very tough to make great pictures from school bands with huge posters everywhere and no ability I expect to actually design things. Also there's too much light!

Still I thought this one was precious.

129886402-L.jpg

Another Jazz Singer © Mark Coons

She is very sweet and loks like she is a good kid with a whole tentative future. She's timid but happy. Her feet are together and her body does not show anything of the freedom of jazz not its expressiveness.

These very features and the well scrubbed neat look of the other kids is what makes this picture special to me.

I also found a bunch of other pictures you made which delighted me!

If I may I'd like to discuss them in Photography as Art?

So, this is a good start.

If you have technical or compositional questions, try us in the appropriate forum! (This would be a great Challenge to finish in different ways! Let me know!)

So a warm welcome,

Asher