• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wood work

Antonio Correia

This time it's not about painting numbers in B&W or color, but about wood work.
What I like about this forum it's the size. We post and get anwsers and participation... and very qualified !
Thank you guys !
icon7.gif
icon14.gif

134560838-L.jpg

Thank you for watching !
icon10.gif

Also shown in the Skilled Workman collection here .

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonio Correia

Another one - I send 2 pics in 1 thread and OPF says no. Because of the EXIF may be.

134560898-L.jpg

EXIF for the last one: Date Modified 2007-03-08 16:12:56
Date Taken 2007-03-08 09:02:00 Camera Canon EOS 20D Exposure Time 1/40 Aperture f/5.0 ISO 400 Focal Length 16mm * 1,6 Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, red-eye reduction mode Exposure Program shutter priority Exposure Bias 0 EVExposure Mode auto White Balance auto Color Space sRGB

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Antonio,

I'm of course, again impressed with you interest in what people really do when they are not commoditized in a factory, perhaps becoming becoming nameless, excpet for short breaks, for 8 hours a day.

I have my concepts, perhaps through look at too many Goyas, Velasquez and other Portugues paineters, of light being used to bring one's attention to the main subject. Maybe you have purposely kept the light even, maybe not.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Hi Antonio,

I'm of course, again impressed with you interest in what people really do when they are not commoditized in a factory, perhaps becoming becoming nameless, except for short breaks, for 8 hours a day.

I have my concepts, perhaps through look at too many Goya's, Velasquez and other Portugues painters, of light being used to bring one's attention to the main subject. Maybe you have purposely kept the light even, maybe not.

Asher

Asher,

You pointed out something I had never thought of, yet !

The light in the way I captured it and the way I manipulated it !
I have been/was obsessed by giving an even light to the scene in today's shots.

I have to try another way. A more creative one. Thank you for your constructive comment Asher !

Cheers.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for the permission to further explore the content of your pictures. I always like visiting the man in his unique world.

Well, Antonio, here are two interpretations that I offer with hope that they represent something of the devotion you have to your subject. I have used lighting modification, very careful selective sharpening, blur and tonal curves to get the heart of the observor to the soul of the picture.

Note that the yellow drill is stil yellow but no longer distracting!

134560898-L.jpg

Original prepared by the photographer

Wood_134560898-L.jpg

My color variant with permission: edited for regional tone, color, shadows, sharpness and blur according to distribution of relevence.

2007_03_08134560898-L_AK_BW.jpg

My B&W variant with permission:Desaturated with a Hue Saturation layer and adjusted with an overlying channels layer in monochorme.

Enjoy!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Asher,

I like the B&W but I think the colored photo has no details in the blouse which is dark green.
However, I do like the yellow drill - and the red one - not to be so distracting.

Some hours ago, when I was photoshoping the photos I said to myself I should have been careful about those colored objects as I don't know how to change it's color in Photoshop ...

But but.. how about this one, less "worked" in PS CS2 ?
134625839-L.jpg