• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

New software, better scans?

Dean Jones

Hi guys....

I'm just about to install Silverfast scanning software. I have a Howtech 4500 and an old Arcus 1200 (that actually requires a king hit to get started), but I'm wondering if the software used to drive these devices actually affects the way they behave?

At present I run the Howtech on an old Mac 9500 with the Arcus coupled to a PC. Both scanners are SCSI and both computers are set up likewise. Can I expect I get better performance with different software? I get wonderful results from the Howtech, but the 9500 is quite outdated and has to be networked into a G4, as it has no CD burner or USB out, consequently my office resembles the NASA control room.........

Cheers from OZ.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Silverfast usually improves over the Epson, Nikon and other Ilk software. I expect you'll be happy with the results with your machines. Let us know!

Asher