• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Silkypix updated to 3.0.6

John_Nevill

ISL have updated Silkypix to 3.06 today and added support for Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Leica M8.

I'd like to see how this app performs on M8 raws, in DR / colour context.

Asher any chance you could email me a couple of M8 problem files?, I'll run then through the silky mill for further discussion / comparison.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi John,

I'll check! Thanks for the note on Silkypix. Is their a tutorial? I haven't used it as yet!

Asher

John_Nevill

The OEM manual is still poor, perhaps I should do something (as discussed). Ironically, I'm processing 1500 images from my California trip, as Anne (wife) wants 5x7 prints and its so much quicker to use, I can review, adjust, exposure, tonality and colour, crop to 5x7 and convert to jpeg very quickly indeed. Its like having RSP back but with better colour.

Donald Ingram

I've been moving among Silkypix 2.0, Lightroom, Bibble and Capture One LE trying to decide on one program. For me, the ability to process JPEGs on occasion in the same program as I use for RAW is attractive. I love the Lightroom interface, but find myself returning to Silkypix, despite some quirky aspects of the program, and some inadequacies of the manual. I think that version 3.0 allows for JPEG processing. If that is so, the upgrade might make sense, if I could figure out what it would cost in US dollars. All of the programs I am trying have plusses and minuses, but I would like to settle on one, and learn to use it well.